A marriage visa in Thailand, Non Immigrant O (Marriage), allows any Foreigner who is legally married to a Thai National, and meets certain financial and administrative conditions, to obtain a visa to stay in Thailand legally. The marriage visa offers the holder several benefits, including permission to stay for one year with the possibility of multiple entries into the country during this period and annual renewals without the obligation to leave the country. The visa holder can also open a bank account in their own name in any Thai bank.

What You Need To Know About The Marriage Visa

The Thailand marriage visa commonly refered to as a Non-Immigrant O Marriage Visa can be obtained in the Foreigner's home country but most of the time it is obtained in Thailand. The visa holder is permitted to work for a Thai Company. This is a real advantage for any Thai employer who may want to hire the foreigner as they do not have to worry about applying for a visa but only about obtaining a work permit for their future Foreign employee.

Requirements & Documentation

To apply for a Thai marriage visa, you must already be married to a Thai national. To prove this and meet Thai immigration requirements, you will need to provide the following documents:

  1. A passport with at least 6-month validity from the date the holder applies.
  2. A recognized marriage certificate or your Thai Marriage certificate.
  3. Proof of financial funds. (see Special Notes below)
    • Proof that you have at least 400,000 Thai baht in a Thai bank account in your name for at least two months before your application
    • Or that you have a monthly income or pension of at least 40,000 Thai baht per month.
  4. Your spouse's Thai passport or Thai ID card
  5. Passport sized photos (4)
  6. Pictures of you and your spouse in your marital home, and outside your marital home (5 to 7 photos are required)

Special Note 1 - To prove the amount of money you have in your Thai bank account, you will need to provide a copy of your bank book and get a certificate from your bank certifying that the amount of money is in your Thai bank for at least the last two months before your visa application.

Special Note 2 - To prove you have a monthly income of at least 40,000 THB per month again you must provide a copy oif your Bank Book that shows the monthly deposits and a letter from your bank confirming that you do get those deposits.

Non O Visa Application Process

Step 1: Preparation of the documents. We suggest you allow a visa service company like ours do this for you. We don't make mistakes!

Step 2: Submission of the required documents to the Thai Immigration Department in Thailand.

Step 3: Payment of the Visa Fees.

Step 4: The immigration officer will review and process the visa application. If approved you will get a temporary stamp in your passport valid for 30 days. After the 30 Days you will receive the extension to stay for one year.

Step 5: Receive your passport with your Non O Marriage Visa.

Important Reminders For Holders Of A Marriage Visa

90-day Reporting
Non O visa holders are required to notify the Immigration Office regarding their current residential address every 90 days. This can be done either by mail, by personal visit to the immigration office, or online. You may also enlist the services of our company to do this on your behalf with a Power of Attorney. If you leave Thailand during a 90-day period you will not have to report your status and your 90 day count will start again from day 1, from the day you re-enter the country.

Re-entry Permit
If you plan to travel in and out of Thailand during the year of your visa validity, you will need a multiple re-entry permit. This will insure that your visa does not get cancelled. In case you find the need to leave the country for whatever reason, you can apply for a re-entry permit at the international airport before leaving the country. Or you can simply contact us and we can get you a re-entry permit in 1 day.

Divorce terminates the validity of the Non Immigrant O Marriage Visa, and the visa holder is obliged to leave Thailand immediately after the divorce. In some cases, the visa holder may be allowed to stay in Thailand until the Marriage Visa expires. This is subject to acceptance by the Thai immigration officer who handles your case.

SUMMARY - Thailand is now open to travel and to do business. If you need help with any visa issues please consider contacting our knowledgable Visa staff. And remember the 1st consultation is totally FREE so don't hesitate to fill in the the Contact Us form below! We are looking forward to working with you.

Contact PCS

Our Address

253 Sukhumvit 21 Road (Asoke), 25th Floor

Email Us


Call Us

+66 2 109 5160

Your message has been sent. Thank you!

We would like your permission to collect, review and process the information you are supplying us with for the purpose of personalizing an answer to your question or for providing you with more information on the subject you stated. By checking on the box below you confirm that you allow us to collect, process and use the information you supplied and that you have read our Personal Data Protection Policy. Additionally, by clicking on the Send Message button you agree to receiving a response from us.